- This event has passed.
Employment Law Update 2018
March 1, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 amFree
Speaker: Jonathan Fraser Light, Employment Law Attorney
California courts and our legislative representatives have been busy in 2017, planning new surprises for the employer in 2018. To fully protect the workplace from costly employment disputes and administrative audits, California employers, managers and human resource professionals must stay abreast of the ever-changing landscape of employment laws in our state. Join us at our upcoming Employment Law Update seminar to prepare for 2018! Topics to be discussed will include (among many others!):
- 12-week baby bonding now applies to companies with 20-49 or more employees
- Significant local and state minimum wage hikes – is your wallet/payroll processing ready?
- AB 1825/2053 training now must include content related to gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation harassment
- Overtime changes for agricultural workers
- Arbitration do’s and don’ts: how will the U.S. Supreme Court rule on class waivers?
- Much, much more…….don’t miss out on all the fun!
Our guest speaker, Jonathan Fraser Light has more than 30 years of employment law experience and has been named multiple times as one of Southern California’s “Super Lawyers” by Los Angeles Magazine. Jon is a graduate of the UCLA School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review.
To reserve a seat, please contact Karen Williams email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-483-1995.