More Than Just a Job.
Barkley has a strong, forward-thinking culture where employees harness their skills and abilities to build success with their clients as well as in the community.
Our optimistic spirit, creative thinking, and determination to serve our clients well drives our work and makes Barkley a great place to work.
If you’re ready to build a meaningful career that makes a difference in our clients’ lives, as well as in the community, we’d love to hear from you.
Here are just a few of the great benefits that Barkley offers:
Check out our latest career opportunities
RISK ADVISOR (PRODUCER)
Our Risk Advisors are the driving force of our business! This position will focus on commercial insurance sales using a proprietary sales approach. We are an independent risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting firm that takes a consultative and diagnostic approach with our clients, concentrating on developing long-term relationships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships, prospecting, conducting market analysis and cold calling potential customers.
- Develop a good understanding of and adherence to the agency’s sales process. Drive this sales process by targeting top prospects, identifying client solutions, negotiating and closing.
- Expand revenue within current accounts by promoting additional lines of coverage.
Retain existing business by delivering results and superior service. Act as a trusted advisor to clients regarding any insurance-related issue.
- Develop or maintain centers of influence through local connections.
- Represent the organization in a manner that is consistent with agency values of excellence.
- Establish yourself professionally to be a top Producer in your market.
- Establish premium payment arrangements according to agency policy, accepting accountability for outstanding receivables (agency bill only).
- Maintain technical insurance skills through continuing education (CPCU, CIC).
- Achieve superior internal customer satisfaction by performing the job in such a manner that team members consider it a pleasure and privilege to work with you.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
Qualifications for Employment:
- 2-5 years of sales experience
- Minimum 1 year of strategic sales experience
Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Proven track record of closing new business and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to push past rejection to achieve results
- Experience developing your own prospects
- All property and casualty and benefits insurance licenses required by the Department of Insurance
- Strong self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills & ability to be resilient
- Drive, empathy, energy and integrity combined with the ability to influence others
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills supported by excellent verbal and written communication
The primary role for our Accounting Manager will be to provide hands-on accounting support to the finance team and a broad range of team members who rely on timely and accurate financial information.
This leadership role will be responsible for the month-end close, financial reporting, and data analysis. The individual will be results oriented and metrics driven with progressive financial experience in strategic management, budgeting, forecasting, margin, profitability, and process improvement.
Qualifications for Employment:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in all facets of accounting
- Insurance Accounting highly desired
- 2 – 3 years of managing an accounting team, including hiring, training and development of team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Similar is required; CPA desired
- Strong budget, forecast, cashflow, and financial analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of accounting rules to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatment (US GAAP)
- Demonstrated experience with accounting systems and practices
- Proven ability to present and explain financial data and analysis to both finance and non-finance audiences
- Effective in researching and recommending policies and procedures to all levels of management
- Management of AR, AP, payroll, commissions, and compensation
- Proficient in MS Office applications required
- Inquisitive, proactive, and customer service oriented
- Keen eye for detail and precision, with the ability to solve problems creatively and deliver timely/effective solutions
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project from conception to completion
“I chose to continue my career at Barkley because of the company’s stellar reputation and the integrity of its employees. The Barkley management team is always encouraging its employees to develop or intergate new solutions that will make the agency better.”
“On my birthday, they had a cake (as they do for everyone). Everyone went around the room , saying something nice and uplifting. Recognizing my birthday is something I will remember always.”
“The most memorable experience I’ve had a Barkley was being part of the B3 Program. One of my first jobs was creating the plan documents for this unique program, I feel the B3 Program brought a valuable solution to our Ag employers and delivering and innovative solution to a client feels great.”
“I had known of Barkley when I was with my previous employer. I would work with Barkley on various accounts. I saw first-hand how the Barkley family would treat their employees (like family), and I was told by various people that was exactly how it was. Working with Barkley was a professional goal and I am thrilled to now be part of the team!”