Wellbeing Resources February 2021: Screen Time, Acts of Kindness and More!
When it comes to wellbeing, employers often find themselves challenged by how to approach a shift from a traditional wellness model to a comprehensive and holistic program that supports the whole person. Below you’ll find this week’s curated list of wellbeing resources. Feel free to share these resources, as appropriate, with your team. Have a safe and healthy week!
- Quiet People in Meetings Are Incredible – Knowing when not to talk is an art. Quiet people can change the world because they hear things others don’t. This article provides an interesting lens with which to view your next meeting.
Social & Family Wellbeing
- 7 Ways to Become a Better Listener – Now, probably more than ever, most people can use someone who really listens and understands them. For someone who is struggling, having someone who simply listens can make all the difference in the world. Here’s a great refresher on how to perfect your listening skills.
- Get a Game Plan: Tackle Debt and Build Emergency Savings – No matter how much you make or what stage of life you’re in, it’s important to prioritize spending and saving so you can reach your financial goals. By creating a plan to tackle your debt and build an emergency fund, you can protect yourself from future unplanned expenses. Register to join Principal Financial for this webinar to learn how you could be on your way to a more financially secure future. Wednesday, February 17th at 12PM ET.
- 5 Signs of Overtraining That Trainers Say Mean It’s Time to Take a Day Off – More is not always better when it comes to exercise. It is possible to go too hard which can backfire and have a detrimental impact on your overall health and fitness levels. Learn the signs of overtraining.
- Why Is It Essential to Make Time for Sleep? Sleep is crucial for our health — and there are alarming consequences when we don’t get enough. Neuroscientist and sleep expert, Matthew Walker, explores the many benefits of a full night of sleep, and how to make sleep a priority.
- 12 Small Ways to Take Breaks from Our Screens – Our screen time is higher than ever, and it’s time to start setting boundaries to protect our well-being.
- 30 Tools to Help You Take Back Control of Your Life – Our lives have become complicated and our days so tightly packed that there is little room for error. This often leads to us feeling rushed, frustrated, frazzled, and stressed. Here are some tools, motivation, and attitude changes to help you root out stress at its very source.
- 65 Ways to Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week – Random Acts of Kindness Week 2021 kicks off on Valentine’s Day this year and runs through Feb. 20, 2021—meaning you can have seven heart-warming days of giving back. Here are 55 easy ways you can spread kindness for Random Acts of Kindness Week. You can do most of these things right from your phone!
Employer Focused Wellbeing
- Good Leadership is an Act of Kindness – From bolstering remote collaboration to scheduling meetings upon meetings, the business press and bloggers are buzzing with guidance about ways to sustain employee engagement and productivity in the chaos of a pandemic. Unfortunately, most Management 101 advice does not recognize that in times like these, the manager’s toolkit must expand in ways we haven’t seen before. One of the most powerful, fundamental leadership strategies of our time is the most innately human one: Be kind.
- Proposed Rules Related to Wellness Programs – There are many questions as to how the proposed EEOC rules will impact employers, and although still only proposed, it is very likely they will be implemented in 2021. Many of you have wellness programs that include wellness credits or surcharges as part of your overall health budget. These new proposed rules will impact what you need to do in order to keep your current wellness program in place and compliant. Join SIG, an Alera Group Company and Stacy Barrow, Esq. as they review these new proposed rules to help you be proactive and strategic. Thursday, February 25th at 11 AM ET.
We Want to Hear from You!
Give us a call at 805.483.1995 or